9. Some SoftBank dealers are racist and charge gaijin extra money and/or won't sell to them if they can't show a long-term Japanese visa.
8. I wouldn't be able to activate one right now anyway.
7. SoftBank's signal coverage is worse than AU, my current carrier.
6. The iPhone isn't waterproof, like my Casio G'Zone
5. My wife won't switch to SoftBank, so texting will be a bitch, and cost more.
4. Even ¥7300 yen per month is too much! My wife and I have two phones for ¥5000-6300 per month (total) with AU. Beat that, SoftBank.
3. Another "Made in China" product.
2. I rarely use the phone anyway, and I already have an iPod Touch.
And the number one reason is:
1. Frankly, I spend too much time on the internet already. I don't need more access to online content.