Monday, November 13, 2006

MacHeist no MacParty

You might have heard of the MacHeist thing - follow clues to some info and get a reward (i.e.: free software).

Well, after the first week's job - I give up. Either I don't get it, or I have to keep emailing some supposed person (Billy Hull) repeatedly until he gives me the correct 'secret info' about Apple's new iPhone. I keep getting the same response after trying to use different words to ask him. After the 20th, "Hmmm.... I don't know", I've had it. I give up.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but this has become ridiculous. MacZot's scavenger hunt, as flawed as it was, had a point or goal to its missions. MacHeist seems pointLESS, from my perspective. And I'm not goiing to waste any more time trying to rephrase a question so some Auto-Email Bot can send me the code word.

Phil Ryu - Mac Marketing Guru? My ass!

Oh, and if you want my MacHeist invites - post a comment here and I'll send it to the email you use. Hopefully someone can enjoy this.

No comments: